13-19 May 2018 | Budapest, Hungary
HUBsters is a Training Course for youth leaders active at a local level to create international networks and initiatives in order to support youth participation.
HUB stands for “the effective centre of an activity, or network”. HUBs are connecting elements from various directions. Thus, Youth Leaders as “HUBs” of the societies – linking and integrating diverse young people. Therefore, Youth Leaders play a crucial role in supporting youth participation at European level.
The main goal of the course is to support Youth Leaders, as the driving force in raising the level of Youth Participation among young people at local and European level. The added value of this training course is to gain practical competences to create new youth initiatives.
A YOUTH LEADER IS:
• an influencer who can encourage young people to be active;
• a holder of experience and inspiration needed to involve young people into something meaningful and beneficial for the society;
• familiar with needs and lifestyles of young people in the local community;
• the one who can help young people to develop their own taste, form their opinion on important social and cultural issues and define their life values;
• one of the most important player in the European youth work field.
It is not an easy job to be a “good Youth Leader”: being a source of trust, inspiration and an incentive for all sorts of participation, including civic engagement. That is why it is essential to continuously support Youth Leaders in this role.
SPECIFIC OBJECTIVES AND TC CONTENT
The objectives of HUBsters training course are:
• To define the roles of Youth Leaders in supporting youth participation;
• To self-assess and develop Youth Leaders’ competences;
• To equip Youth Leaders with tools and resources to continuously support youth participation and enable them to exchange their experience;
• To support them to plan international and transnational youth projects answering needs of the young people in their local societies.
THE FOCUS WILL BE ON:
• deeper understanding of Youth Participation and its role in the societies;
• comprehension of the bases, motives and styles of Youth Participation though real cases and from glocal (global and local) point of view;
• encouragement of self-assessment of competences of Youth Leaders;
• peer-to-peer exchanges and sharing of tools for encouraging higher level of Youth Participation
Participants will be equipped with competences to bring back to their communities, such as:
• Resources for effective leadership in youth work context;
• KNOW-HOW for developing action plans for transnational youth projects
• HOW-TO answer to the specific needs of participants’ local societies
• WHAT are the Values of Erasmus+ Youth in Action
Participants of this Training Course will have the chance to network, exchange practices and experiences from their respective contexts.
PROFILE OF PARTICIPANTS
In order to achieve the highest benefit of this TC, we invite participants fulfilling the below requirements:
• To be a youth leader (over 18 years old);
• To be already involved in planning, managing and/or implementing local activities in their communities;
• To be able to make decisions or influence implementation of further projects;
• To be willing to contribute with their own experience and values related to youth participation issues;
• To be good in communicating, expressing thoughts and ideas in English language
The Training Course takes place in Budapest from 13th until 19th May 2018 and includes five full working days and two days for travel. Participants commit themselves to the full duration of the Training Course.