Youth Centre Villa Elba in Finland is looking for a short term European Solidarity Corps volunteer for the project “Our Common Path”!
About the Project
Our Common Path is a project gathering 10 persons from around Europe to Central-Ostrobothnia 26.8-4.10.2019. During this project the volunteers work in cooperation with students to renovate a nature trails in rural areas in Central Ostrobothnia.
The work is physical work including cutting bushes, measure and cut timber, and construct the path using different tools, create signs for the paths. painting etc. During the project, volunteer can, for an example learn to:
• design outdoor trekking routes and areas together with experts in the field
• build and refurbish various types of outdoor routes and areas according to the plans given
• build hiking trails for the needs of different users
• use the most common tools used to produce route structures
• use personal protective equipment, take into account occupational safety and maintain work ability
• promote sustainable development practice
Profile of Participants
The participants can be young people seeking new possibilities to their lives. You can be unemployed, face educational, economic or social challenges or have low language skills. We wish that the volunteers are interested in the nature and in national park. Work is physical and outdoors. There is no need of previous experiences, just the interest to try it out and learn more!
What is offered:
• a chance to live in a new culture
• possibility to do volunteer work for the local community
• a chance for intercultural learning
• a project were you can use your skills to help to restore a nature path that has significant importance to local community
Be prepared for:
• physical outdoor work
• coldness, mosquitos and workdays in the forest
• interacting with people from different backgrounds
• life in a small rural community
• adventures in nature
What is expected:
• respect towards other people
• ability to follow the rules and schedule
The applications for this call is closed, since we already found the participants. You can check our other opportunities here!